All-Star Programming to Also Feature State Farm All-Star Saturday Night at 8 p.m., Immediately Followed by Inside the NBA All-Star Roast presented by Corona, Saturday, Feb. 15, at 10:30 p.m.
On-Site Fan Activations to Include NBA on TNT American Express Road Show, B/R CHI Fan Fest, Live Tapings of The Steam Room and Ledlow & Parker Podcasts and More
TNT will once again serve as the destination to see the NBA’s best and brightest during NBA All-Star 2020 in Chicago. Turner Sports’ portfolio of premium content brands and platforms will be the exclusive home for all of the weekend’s premium live events, alongside a dazzling array of on-the-ground, fan-friendly attractions that will celebrate basketball’s biggest stars.
More than 24 hours of NBA All-Star programming from Chicago will culminate with the 69th NBA All-Star Game presented by Kia – with Team LeBron [James] facing Team Giannis [Antetokounmpo] – Sunday, Feb. 16, at 8 p.m. ET. The NBA’s marquee players including Anthony Davis, Luka Dončić, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, Joel Embiid, Kemba Walker, Trae Young and Pascal Siakam will take center stage as TNT presents the game with commentary by Marv Albert alongside analysts Reggie Miller and Chris Webber and reporter Allie LaForce. TBS will offer simulcast coverage of the game.
Sunday night’s coverage will begin with the TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by Autotrader pregame show at 6 p.m., featuring the Sports Emmy Award-winning studio team of Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Shaquille O’Neal.
TNT’s All-Star content will also be highlighted by State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, Feb. 15, at 8 p.m., along with a special programming block preceding and immediately following the night’s signature events. Saturday’s coverage will culminate with the first-ever Inside the NBA All-Star Roast at approximately 10:30 p.m., during which Johnson, Barkley, Smith and O’Neal will be roasted by comedians and stars Dwyane Wade, Tiffany Haddish, Jay Pharoah, Jeff Ross and Gary Payton and others. To start the day’s coverage, TNT will televise an episode of The Steam Room – Turner Sports’ new standout podcast featuring Johnson and Barkley – at 4 p.m., along with TNT NBA Tip-Off pregame coverage at 5 p.m.
The 2020 Rising Stars Challenge will tip off the network’s NBA All-Star 2020 event coverage on Friday, Feb. 14, at 9 p.m.
In addition to comprehensive coverage of NBA All-Star 2020 on TNT, Turner Sports will deliver a full-court press of fan-friendly attractions and performances in Chicago, including the previously announced NBA on TNT American Express Road Show, featuring musical performances by GRAMMY Award-winning artists Anderson .Paak and Maroon 5 and more.
Bleacher Report will celebrate the arrival of NBA All Star 2020 in Chicago with an unprecedented B/R CHI fan event at one of the most exciting venues in the city – Saffron Rails. B/R CHI will be a public event featuring non-stop hoops action, art and style activations, along with a first-of-its-kind, dual-level “crystal court” conceptualized in partnership with Victor Solomon, which will serve as a transparent performance stage for all the action, culminating with a headline performance by megastar music artist – Quavo. B/R’s House of Highlights will also be spotlighted at the event and activate its own offsite event on Saturday by hosting more than 100 Chicago kids ages 10-13 at its House of Highlights Camp at the Roberto Clemente Community Academy.
Daily programming highlights of Turner’s NBA All-Star 2020 coverage include:
Thursday, February 13
- The network’s on-site coverage will tip off with the Sports Emmy Award-winning Inside the NBA presented by Kia studio team of Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Shaquille O’Neal providing live pregame coverage at 7 p.m., along with American Express Halftime Report updates and Inside the NBA presented by Kia post-game show.
- Thursday’s NBA on TNT presented by State Farm primetime telecast will feature All-Star starters meeting when the LA Clippers and Kawhi Leonard visit the Boston Celtics and Kemba Walker at 8 p.m. Marv Albert will call the game with Kevin McHale (analyst) and Allie LaForce (reporter).
Friday, February 14
- TNT will televise the 2020 Rising Stars Challenge on Friday, Feb. 14, at 9 p.m. The league’s most dynamic young players will take the court, including All-Star starters Luka Dončić of the Dallas Mavericks and Trae Young of the Atlanta Hawks, plus the No. 1 and 2 selections from the 2019 NBA Draft, Zion Williamson (New Orleans Pelicans) and Ja Morant (Memphis Grizzlies).
- Brian Anderson will provide play-by-play with analysis from Utah Jazz All-Star Donovan Mitchell, Indiana Pacers’ forward Myles Turner and reporter Jared Greenberg.
- NBA on TNT Tuesday Night host Adam Lefkoe will be joined by Steve Nash, Channing Frye and Grant Hill to provide halftime and postgame coverage for the Rising Stars Challenge.
- Corresponding NBA on TNT VR powered by Intel True VR live coverage will also be available with Noah Eagle and Richard “Rip” Hamilton on the Friday night call. The free NBA on TNT VR app is available to download for Oculus Go and Samsung Gear VR headsets via the Oculus store. Fans can access the live experience whenever and wherever they want by logging in with the username and password provided by their TV service provider.
Saturday, February 15
- TNT will feature State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, Feb. 15, starting at 8 p.m., with some of the league’s most exciting dunkers, three-point shooters and multi-faceted skills players on display, including All-Stars Young and Damian Lillard and defending champion Joe Harris in the MTN DEW Three-Point Contest, with All-Stars Jayson Tatum (defending champion), Pascal Siakam, Bam Adebayo, Khris Middleton and Domantas Sabonis participating in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge.
- Kevin Harlan will call the State Farm All-Star Saturday Night action, joined by analysts Reggie Miller and Dwyane Wade and reporter Kristen Ledlow. TNT’s Kenny Smith and Candace Parker will join the announce team during the AT&T Slam Dunk.
- The TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by Autotrader pregame show with Johnson, Barkley, Smith and O’Neal will begin at 5 p.m.
- Following All-Star Saturday Night event coverage, the Inside the NBA All-Star Roast presented by Corona will premiere at 10:30 p.m. The critically-acclaimed Inside the NBA studio team will be roasted by a standout panel of celebrities and basketball personalities including master of ceremonies Dwyane Wade, roast master Tiffany Haddish, comedians Jay Pharoah and Jeff Ross, and basketball Hall of Famer Gary Payton.
- TNT’s Saturday coverage will begin with the first-ever TV airing of “The Steam Room” podcast featuring Johnson, Barkley and guests, at 4 p.m.
- For the first time, #NBATwitterLive will highlight Saturday night’s most exciting moments with host Taylor Rooks, Frye, Parker, and a surprise current NBA player, following the events.
- NBA on TNT VR will be available for Saturday’s events with commentary by Eagle, Hamilton and Ro Parrish.
Sunday, February 16
- TNT will exclusively televise the 69th edition of the NBA All-Star Game 2020 presented by Kia with the night’s coverage beginning at 6 p.m. via TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by Autotrader pregame coverage. Simulcast coverage will be available on TBS beginning at 8 p.m.
- Albert, calling his 25th NBA All-Star Game, will provide play-by-play commentary with analysts Miller and Webber, along with reporter LaForce.
- Following the NBA All-Star Game, Inside the NBA presented by Kia with Johnson, Barkley, Smith and O’Neal will be televised on NBA TV.
- Eagle, Hamilton and Parrish will have the call for NBA on TNT VR’s presentation of the NBA All-Star Game.
- #NBATwitterLive presented by State Farm will provide an isolated camera view focused on one All-Star throughout the second half, with commentary provided by Wade, Parker, O’Neal, Lefkoe, and some of #NBATwitter’s favorite personalities. The selected player will be voted on by fans through a poll from @NBA during the first half of the game and the feed will be available via the @NBAonTNT Twitter handle.
In addition, NBA TV will provide wall-to-wall coverage, including press conferences, original programming and much more. For more information click here.
TNT Overtime will continue to offer fans a unique video companion experience throughout NBA All-Star 2020, including the Rising Stars, State Farm All-Star Saturday Night and the NBA All-Star Game presented by Kia.
Live streaming of NBA All-Star coverage airing on TNT will also be available via www.tntdrama.com/watchtnt and the Watch TNT app. Fans are able to access the content whenever and wherever they desire by logging in with the user name and password provided by their TV service provider.
About Turner Sports
Turner Sports, a division of WarnerMedia, is an industry leader in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. Turner Sports’ television coverage includes the NBA, Major League Baseball, NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, and ELEAGUE. The company also manages some of the most popular sports destinations across digital and social platforms including Bleacher Report and its top-rated app, NCAA.com and the critically-acclaimed NCAA March Madness Live suite of products, as well as an accompanying collection of mobile sites and connected device apps. Turner Sports and the NBA jointly manage NBA Digital, a robust collection of offerings including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, the NBA App and NBAGLEAGUE.com. Turner Sports launched B/R Live in 2018 as a premium live streaming sports platform, serving as the central hub for both the discovery and consumption of live sports content. The streaming service allows fans to find and watch their favorite sports content anywhere, anytime and on the screen of their choice.