John Martin is chairman and chief executive officer of Turner.
Martin assumed executive leadership of Turner in January 2014. Previously, he was chief financial and administrative officer of Time Warner Inc., overseeing Time Warner's finance, accounting, mergers and acquisitions, internal audit, investor relations, treasury and tax areas. In addition, he had oversight of corporate human resources and worked closely with other members of Time Warner's senior management team and its operating divisions on a variety of organizational, development and diversity issues.
Before becoming Time Warner’s chief financial officer in January 2008, Martin had been executive vice president and chief financial officer of Time Warner Cable Inc. since August 2005. Previously, he spent nearly 12 years at Time Warner, ultimately as senior vice president, investor relations, from 2002 to 2005. He was a director in the equity research group of ABN AMRO Securities LLC from 2000 to 2002. Earlier, he served as director in the Office of the President at Time Warner and director of finance special projects. He began at Time Warner in 1993 as a manager of SEC financial reporting. Before joining Time Warner Inc., he was a Certified Public Accountant, working as a senior accountant at Ernst and Young LLP in New York.
Martin received an M.B.A. degree in finance and organizational behavior from the Columbia University Business School and a B.S. in economics from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. He is a member of the board of trustees of Columbia University's business school and serves on the board of the Paley Center for Media. Martin has been recognized for his leadership, earning positions on Adweek’s Power List: Top 100 Leaders in Media, Marketing and Tech as well as Variety’s New Power New York List.
Turner, a Time Warner company, has a portfolio of news; entertainment; kids and young adult; and sports networks and businesses including CNN/U.S., CNN International, CNN.com and HLN; TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and truTV; Cartoon Network and Adult Swim; and Turner Sports.
Read more about John Martin:
- Turner Broadcasting Chairman and CEO John Martin is Re-imagining TV - i3 Magazine Cover Story for CES 2018
- John Martin debuts on Adweek's Power List: Top 100 Leaders in Media, Marketing and Tech - Adweek
- Turner CEO Sees 'Race to the Center' in Advertising - Bloomberg
- Turner wants to build its own streaming service for channels like CNN and TNT – Recode
- Ad money is coming back to TV that was previously redirected to digital – Business Insider
- John Martin speaks with CNBC about CNN, the presidency and live streaming at CES – CNBC